Terms and Conditions for Temple Park Centre
- Description of Available Space
- The hall will accommodate approximately 100 people standing or 80 seated at tables.
- Temple Park Centre is an accessible building
- The building will be locked at 9.00pm and functions/meetings must end by that time.
- We can provide tables and chairs if required.
- The kitchen is not available while COVID-19 restrictions are in place - see SC8 below.
- Cancellation Charges
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your booking. For the cancellation of an individual booking we require two weeks notice, otherwise we will charge a cancellation fee of half of the booking fee. If you wish to cancel a long-standing booking then we ask that you give us one month’s notice.
- If we need to cancel your booking because of extenuating circumstances then we will endeavour to give you one month’s notice and will try to offer you an alternative date or venue if at all possible.
- Trial Period
- All long-term bookings will be subject to a trial period of one month to ensure that the arrangement is working for both parties. At the end of one month either party is entitled to terminate the booking with immediate effect.
- Times of Bookings
- Times of bookings are deemed to include setting up/clearing away of rooms. You should ensure that you have allowed time for this in order that you and your group/party are clear of the premises according to your hire time.
- Cleaning and Maintenance of the Building
- Please note that all bookings will be subject to an additional fee of £27.00 to cover the cost of cleaning, including extra cleaning required for COVID-19 sanitation.
- We ask that you leave the building in a clean and tidy state ready for the next user group. This applies particularly to the kitchen.
- Please ensure all tables you use are cleaned and furniture is stored correctly and safely.
- Rubbish should be put in the appropriate recycling bin/box; it would be appreciated if you would empty these into the outside bins when full.
- If you are using the building for a party then we ask that you clean up afterwards and take your rubbish with you. Please do not leave any food on the premises.
- Security of the Building
- If you have been given a set of keys for the building then they are your responsibility. We will charge you a deposit of £25 per set, which will be reimbursed to you when the keys are returned. If you lose the keys we will ask that you pay for a replacement set.
- We do not take any responsibility for valuables that are brought onto the premises. All equipment is brought onto the premises (and stored if that is what has been agreed) at your own risk.
- Please ensure that all lights are switched off and all windows are closed when you leave the building.
- Fire Procedures, Health & Safety, Safeguarding Policy
- The hirer will be regarded as the responsible person during the period of hire, and shall be responsible for the care of the premises and the conduct of guests. All hirers must be over 18 years of age. It is required that the hirer is present upon the premises during the period of hire.
- We expect you to familiarise yourself with all of the policies and procedures on our notice board relating to the Fire, Health and Safety Policy and the Safeguarding Policy.
- We will assume that you have any necessary health and safety certificates and DBS checks in place and that all appropriate legislation has been complied with in connection with the operation of your group.
- There is a no smoking policy in Temple Park Centre which must be adhered to at all times.
- Children should be supervised at all times.
- Accidents should be recorded in the accident book, which is located in the kitchen.
- The Manor Church and Community Project accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage, including personal injury and death, resulting from the premises proving to be unsuitable for your intended use.
- It should be noted that Temple Park Centre is located in a residential area so please respect the local residents and keep noise to a reasonable level.
- Breakages and Damage
- Please note that all breakages and damage to the building or its contents will need to be paid for.
- Room Hire Charges and Invoicing
- We review our charges on a yearly basis.
- Bookings will be invoiced at the end of each calendar month and each invoice is payable within 14 days of issue.
- We may ask you to make full payment for your booking in advance, particularly for one-off bookings.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF HIRE DURING COVID-19
Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the Temple Park Centre Booking Policy signed by the hirer/organiser.
The hirer will be responsible for ensuring that those attending your activity comply with the Covid-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the centre.
The hirer will also be required to carry out their own risk assessment for the activity which they are organising or in which they are taking part.
The hirer will be responsible for Covid-19 related cleaning of door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet handles and seats, wash basins and all surfaces likely to be used during you period of hire before other members of your group arrive and keeping the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire using your own domestic products. Please take care cleaning any electrical equipment – use cloths, do not spray.
The hirer will make sure that everyone likely to attend your session understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises, they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
You will ensure that no more than the specified number of people attend your session in order that social distancing can be maintained. This number will be in line with Government guidelines. You will ensure that everyone attending maintains social distancing whilst waiting to enter the premises, observes any one-way systems within the premises, and as far as possible when using more confined areas, eg moving and stowing equipment, chairs, etc which should be kept as brief as possible. You will make sure that no more than two people use each suite of toilets at one time.
The hirer will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate people seating side-by-side, with at least one empty chair between each person, rather than face-to-face. If tables are being used, they are to be placed so as to maintain a distance of at least 1 metre across the table between people who are face-to-face, eg using a wide U-shaped arrangement.
The hirer will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during the hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths preferably in rubbish bags and placed in the bins provided.
The hirer will encourage people in their group to bring their own food and drink if required in their own containers. Any disposable containers must be placed in the bins provided. Please note that the kitchen will not be available until further notice.
Manor Church and Community Project trustees will have the right to close Temple Park Centre if there are safety concerns relating to Covid-19, for example if someone who has attended the centre develops symptoms and thorough cleaning is required or if it is reported that the Special Hire Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or other hirers, or in the event that public building are required to close again by the Government. If this is necessary, Temple Park Centre will do their best to inform the hirers promptly and you will not be charged for any such hire.
All attendees should provide their name, address and contact details to the event organiser on arrival at Temple Park Centre.
In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms whilst at the centre, the organiser should remove them to a safe area, provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag and a bowl of warm, soapy water for hand washing. The organiser should request all members in the group to leave the premises, observing the usual hand-sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. The organiser should ask the person affected to apply for Covid-19 testing as quickly as possible and inform the Temple Park Centre management immediately (Tel : 07853077025).
I, as hirer of the agreed room(s) and facilities, agree to abide by the contents of this bookings policy.
Print name: ____________________________
Name of group: ____________________________